The two main types of elements are block and inline.
- Only appear within the <body> element
- Formatted with a line break before and after the element
- Start and end on a new line
- Thus creating a block of content
- May contain inline and other block level elements
Example showing one heading and three paragraph block level elements:
<title>My Document Title</title>
<h1>My first Heading</h1>
Save & refresh browser:
*note: the above diagram is representational of the four blocks. A browser rendered view would not have the block outlines or blue shaded body.